For 3 Months Initially
The post holder will be responsible for promoting & maintaining Fire, Health & Safety standards across the Logistics operational sites. Conducting periodic Fire, Health & Safety checks, audits and risk assessments. Certified trainer for Fire, Health & Safety and Manual Handling.
This role is temporary for 3 months but may be extended.
- Ensure that PaLS Transport Operators licence is accurately maintained, vehicle registrations and premises are updated promptly, to comply with the law.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the commercial vehicle fleet across the logistics sites, ensuring that servicing, safety checks, planned maintenance inspections for vehicles, tail-lifts and tyres are adhered to in accordance with government legislation.
- The main point of contact for a range of 3rd party suppliers to coordinate the fleet activity, including out of hours support when necessary to maintain fleet availability.
- Responsible for maintaining DVLA Vehicle Road Tax for all vehicles within the fleet.
- Responsible for recording, reporting and investigating incident/accidents involving the commercial vehicle fleet. Where necessary liaising with the insurance company to ensure they are in receipt of the incident report, repair estimates and their paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- First point of contact for all driver related issues, liaising and coordinating a suitable response with lead driver to minimise disruption to the distribution schedule.
- Provide supervisory cover as and when required in all aspects the warehouse logistics operation.
- Yard Management to ensure commercial vehicles, cars, MHE and pedestrians movements are segregated whenever possible and risks is managed appropriately. The premises and vehicles remain secure and locked out of hours.
- University Degree plus one year’s Procurement/Logistics experience at supervisory level OR: A relevant Supply Chain Management/CIPS/CILT qualification plus one years Procurement/Logistics experience at Supervisory level.OR: 4 years Procurement/Logistics experience at supervisory level.
- Hold a Transport Manager CPC qualification to enable them to be the named Transport Manager on the BSO PaLS Operators License.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Be able to deal with the pressure of a challenging and substantial workload in a fast changing environment.
- Be able to prepare and present training information for large groups of staff.
- Be able to support and behave in accordance with the BSO’s business values.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of Vehicle/Fleet and driver legislation, and an understanding of Transport Management Systems, to ensure best practice and operational excel.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation to ensure good governance & promote awareness and best practice.
- Hold an H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
More more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.