Procurement Team Leader
£24,900 Annual Salary
We are seeking a procurement team leader for our client in Ballymena.You will assist the Procurement Manager in the provision of a value for money purchasing service to customers in line with regulations and ISO 9001 procedures ensuring Service Level Agreement and PaLS Service Delivery Plan objectives are achieved.
The role will be based at their facilities in Ballymena and will require you to work Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Proactively reviewing and sourcing goods and services in line with value for money principles.
- Purchasing goods and services including the utilisation of the tendering and quotation process in accordance with the organisations procedures and Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (and any amendments thereto) to achieve value for money.
- Providing purchasing advice and information to customers relating to choice of goods and services.
- Providing general procurement advice to customers.
- Managing the day-to-day operation of staff, giving leadership and direction to category or client area.
- Leading programmes of investigation in conjunction with team and customer to achieve positive outcomes e.g. savings and improved processes.
- Provide support to customers in the introduction of initiatives within the service.
- Knowledge of purchasing / logistics and finance / e-commerce computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a procurement service.
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with the organisations Finance Departments and Accounts Payable Shared Service (APSS) to ensure prompt payment of suppliers.
- Responding to queries from suppliers.
- Monitor and manage the performance of suppliers, taking corrective action when appropriate to ensure contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure all purchases are made in accordance with relevant legislation including European and British Standards.
- Liaising with PaLS colleagues in all divisions on procurement related matters including the participation in groups.
- Approving purchase orders in line with delegated authority limits
- Supervision and training of Band 4 Procurement Officer(s)
- A primary degree AND at least two years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years. relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT AND at least two years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years. OR Four (4) years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others including through negotiation.
- Be proactive and self-motivated and have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and team to enhance performance, through the planning, allocation and evaluation of workload.
- Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate information to aid effective decision making and monitor and control the use of resources.
- Ability to contribute to the management of resources, including staff management in accordance with current policies.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the legislation relevant to the post.
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.