Procurement Compliance Manager
£30k Annual Salary
37.7 Hrs Per Week
You will be responsible for managing and developing the compliance service at the Procurement and Logistics location, fulfilling your key role in the supply chain thereby supporting health and social care to patients and clients. You will foster a spirit of commercial awareness within your location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
This is a temporary role for 6 months initially with a possibility of extension.
- Liaising with Directors, Directorate Managers and all key stakeholders regarding compliance and procurement governance related matters.
- Liaise with staff, and customers to ensure that Operational Service and Budget Agreement targets are consistently achieved.
- Liaise with DoH Procurement Policy Unit on matters relating to the approval process, monitoring and reporting of Direct Award Contracts
- Liaise with BSO Directorate of Legal Services (DLS) on compliance related matters
- Liaise with BSO Freedom of Information Office on FOI and EIR related matters.
- Supporting the Head of Procurement Compliance in providing a cost effective compliance service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends.
- Managing the compliance service so as to ensure appropriate advice is provided and probity is maintained.
- Ensuring, through effective management, that staff comply with Government legislation and all policies, including ISO standards, in respect of compliance related matters.
- Management of staff resources, delegation of responsibility and authority for staff within PaLS Compliance location.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of programmes to meet efficiency savings targets within PaLS.
- A primary degree AND at least two years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years.
OR A relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT AND at least two years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years. OR Five (5) years’ relevant* experience within the past ten years, two of which must include the management or supervision of staff.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to maintain and improve services, systems and customer service to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC organisations.
- Be capable of assessing objectively all aspects of the sourcing options available
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of IT and in particular the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Candidates must be skilled in identifying irregularities in data and non-compliance to established procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the Organisation and to supervise staff.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated.
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers
- Have, or be studying for, a relevant professional qualification such as CIPS or CILT.
- A working knowledge of purchasing/ logistics and/or finance related computerised electronic tendering and e-commerce systems.
For more information on this post please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.