Senior Project Manager
£45K - £55K
Excellent opportunity for a senior project manager to join a public sector organisation on a 12 month temporary contract.
You will be responsible for determining the annual projected programme and project financial spend and overseeing the successful and accurate execution. You will also be responsible for interfacing with other programme projects and the relevant HSC and non-HSC organisations impacted by their projects and programmes.
- Successfully delivering short time bounded complex ICT projects to time and budget as directed by BSO Senior Management, the individual project Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Boards, as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively with all stakeholders to develop business cases.
- Undertaking desktop analysis of customer business plans, internal policies, strategy, operation and performance management documents to identify and report on how ICT can further facilitate customers in meeting their corporate objectives and deliverables.
- Review of customer business identifying risks in terms of availability, supportability and capacity. Propose options to address identified risks, including budgetary costs, procurement strategy and timeframes.
- Identification of solutions to address requirements which may use innovative technologies or transformation to digital business.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to customer Senior Management.
- The management and delivery of the relevant project and documentation in line with BSO and HSC Standards and Practices and PRINCE2 project management standards.
- Working with external commercial suppliers for the procurement and subsequent implementation of ICT Systems, Solutions and Services.
- Working with specialist advisors in legal and procurement services to successfully deliver projects and their relevant contractual agreements.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on projects utilising the BSO standard Programme and Project Management (PPM) software tool (Project Vision); Setting up project and programme structures for the effective management, quality assurance and reporting of projects and programmes.
- Liaison with Programme management and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Financial planning and control of individual capital and revenue project and programme budgets.
- Reporting through agreed reporting structures project progress through Highlight Reports and End-Stage Assessments.
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a project management role;OR Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a project management role within a major organisation AND Have experience of leading complex ICT supported projects with a budget of over £100,000
- Have at least 3 years’ experience managing teams of people.
- Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Have excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Must demonstrate a broad range of technical knowledge and be aware of new technology and service developments.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.