Temporary For 6 Months
£11.20 per hour
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
- Service Delivery
- Provide ICT services as part of a specialist ICT services or project team
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Application services
- Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage, networking and domain services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Development, configuration and support of databases
- Develop and Modify software as directed
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Carry out Business and Data analysis
- Provide ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance
- Work with software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions
- Testing and Review of products and solutions
- Network and Security services such as TCP/IP network equipment and software, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of relevant knowledge and skills
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Maximise the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources
- Liaise with colleagues plus suppliers/vendors as required, ensuring good relationships are maintained at all times
- Assist the Service Manager in the formulation of policy, procedures, standards and guidance for both technical operations staff and users of the ICT Solutions.
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
- 2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience*
- At least 18 months relevant experience*
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and a proven ability work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships
- Experience in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail, whilst working to tight deadlines.
For more information please submit your most recent CV
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.