6 Months Temporary
£31,000 Annual Salary
Excellent Opportunity for a communications officer to join our client in Belfast City Centre. The post holder will provode a high level of organisational public relations and other communications support.
This role is for 6 months temporary initially with a possibility of extension.
- The post will require the holder, as a member of the Corporate and Public Affairs Team
- To contribute to the development of media strategy, using specialist communications knowledge acquired through professional development and
experience, by developing and maintaining up to date communications and media plans to ensure a constant flow of quality messages.
- Executive, to identify PR opportunities in support of the PHA’s role in protecting and improving public health in line with the PHA Communications
- To lead in the communications planning of events.
- To advise senior staff in the drafting of press releases and statements.
- To undertake lead responsibility for providing all staff within organisation with a daily briefing on issues of current importance in the press and broadcasting media live and pre-recorded broadcast and print interview.
- To maintain a continuous flow of high quality PR opportunities, according to set targets, fEnsuring the maintenance of a strong, positive and credible image for the organisation and its work by proactively identifying and negotiating sell-in of planned and reactive PR opportunities with broadcast and print editors and journalists.
- To develop and maintain close working relationships through regular contact with broadcast and print editors, feature writers and journalists to ensure support for the media strategy.
- To provide a reactive PR service, acting as a first point of contact for all media enquiries.
- Participating in the PR duty rota, often responding under pressure, at short notice, to complex facts or situations which require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options, on an unplanned basis with frequent interruptions.
- At least two years’ experience working in a public relations role.
- Experience of media handling and good knowledge of news environment and current affairs.
- Experience of creating and delivering PR plans.
- Experience of organising PR events and photocalls.
- Experience of writing press releases to a high standard and generating content for print and electronic publication.
- Experience of developing and delivering internal communications – bulletins, events, newsletters, online forums, etc.
- Experience of operating in a sensitive and political environment, able to respond rapidly briefing requests for senior staff and elected representatives.
- Experience of digital communications, including web development.
Experience of using social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
- Evidence of excellent, written communication skills.
- Experience to include press releases, briefings, newsletters, case study and report writing.
Experience of website content management.
Experience of devising and undertaking multi channelled communications plans, tailoringmessages to different audiences.
- Able to prioritise a busy workload including numerous projects at any one time.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.