We have an excellent opportunity for a payroll officer to join our client the Health and Social Care Trust and work on a 6 month temporary basis at their base in Saintfield. As payroll officer you will be responsible for effective financial and payroll related support to the Financial Accounting Manager.
Hold a relevant university degree and have one years’ experience at band 4 or equivalent in Payroll or Hold a HNC/HND and have two years’ experience in Payroll at Band 4 or equivalent or Have four years’ experience in Payroll at Band 4 level or equivalent.
Have two years’ experience in using excel and developing expertise in Excel to inform decisions regarding payroll.
- Previous experience of using HRPTS/SAP within a payroll capacity
- One year’s experience in the supervision or co-ordination of staff.
Key tasks may include
- Support the Financial Accounting Manager and Assistant Director of Accounting & Financial Services in the implementation of rigorous control protocols for payroll, travel and sickness expenditure and assist in developing NIAS policy to achieve greater financial control and accuracy in financial reporting. Ensure that processes and procedures comply with internal financial controls and audit requirements.
- Provide support in relation to Payroll technical and professional accounting issues for the Trust. Assisting in the interpretation, and application of HSC guidance, and ensure statutory requirements are met, and support best practice.
- Prepare and provide regular system reporting for accurate management information, including Payroll system reporting. Develop and improve existing ad-hoc reports on financial and payroll related issues.
- Provide monthly reconciliations for all Payroll control accounts and ensure these are completed in a timely manner and balanced at year end. Any differences should be investigated and resolved. Ongoing issues should be communicated or escalated to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Responsible for reviewing overpayments calculated by Payroll Service Centre and review correction on the payroll system. Where appropriate, look to identify any Trust training requirements or procedural changes to reduce the risk of overpayments in the future.
- Manage payroll enquiries from Trust staff and correspondence in a prompt and confidential manner and escalate significant/urgent issues directly with Payroll Shared Services. The post holder will need to be capable of dealing with complex payroll queries.
- Assist the Financial Accounting Manager on planning and organising the efficient distribution of workload to ensure completion within strict deadlines. He / She will assist members of Finance staff to achieve deadlines as and when required and support the Finance department, to meet ongoing and future financial/payroll requirements.
- Provide professional and sound advice to managers on a range of payroll issues, ensuring that managers are clear on their responsibilities and are operating within the agreed policies and procedures.
For more information please send across your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.