Our client is a large public health provider with a large site in Belfast. They are seeking a medical secretary for their medical team to work on a full-time temporary basis. As medical secretary you will work between the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and provide an efficient secretarial support service for their busy department.
Initially for 6 months there is a possibility for extension and also to apply internally for a permanent position. It’s also worth noting that the client may consider a part time medical secretary for those who are experienced.
Duties of the post;
- Accurate input of patient and medical details/information.
- Access PAS, laboratory and radiology results and take responsibility for passing the information on to the relevant medical staff.
- Deal with telephone and other enquires from patients, members of staff and implement the appropriate course of action in each case.
- Set up clinics and ensure all pertinent information and necessary equipment is available.
- Arrange and organise theatre and day case lists, ensuring maximum use of amenities, equipment, resources and theatre time. (Within office hours)
- Manage and validate waiting lists to maximise the use of operating theatre facilities and equipment.
- Inform patients about instructions regarding medication in advance of medical procedures.
- Instruct Admissions Office, Appointments Department and Library in matters relating to patient care.
- Draft and type correspondence, reports, results letters, clinical letters, discharge letters etc.
- Prioritise incoming mail and take appropriate action where necessary, process outgoing mail to GP’s
- Maintain diaries for both consultants and patient admissions etc.
- Collate accurate statistics on outpatient activity relating to funding assessments, staffing levels, business services etc. Ensure timely submission of statistics to senior management
- Assist with training of new staff
- Any other relevant duties
- Private and Executive Secretary’s Certificate/Diploma or AMSPAR/City & Guilds Level 2/3 Medical Secretary Diploma/Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent
- OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word processing/Typing (Part 2) or equivalent
- OCR Stage II Audio qualification OR 6 months Audio Typing experience
- Have at least 1 year’s administrative experience.
- Express good attitude and excellent communicator.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and hospital settings.
- Ability to work within a team.
If you would like more information on this role please send your CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.