Temporary (Initially 6 months with possibility of extended period)
Bond search and selection are seeking a procurement manager to work on behalf of their client, a large public service provider to assist and support the senior procurement manager in providing a cost-effective service to a range of organisations. They will be responsible for managing and developing the procurement service at their procurement and logistics location in Armagh. They will foster commercial awareness within their location and utilise the staff to meet the needs of the service.
This is a 6 month temporary role however there may be a possibility for an extension after this duration is complete.
Duties of the role
- Managing the procurement service at their PaLS location and deputising as required for the Senior Procurement Manager in related matters.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost-effective procurement service
- Managing the procurement service so as to ensure optimum value for money is achieved in goods purchased and probity is maintained.
- Ensuring, through effective management, that staff comply with Government legislation and all policies, including ISO standards, in respect of procurement.
- Review key performance measures for the procurement function to assist in the management and appropriate resourcing of the function.
- Take a lead role in monitoring use of value for money tools in the procurement of goods and services and where necessary taking appropriate remedial action with customers to ensure the use of those tools for all procurement
- Monitoring and reviewing as necessary procurement procedures and advising amendments where appropriate
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and business planning.
- Promote and develop the professional supplies management capabilities of PaLS.
- Assist in developing change management initiatives to Procurement staff.
- Assist in the assessment of education, training and development needs for procurement staff and carry out Performance Management process with appropriate staff.
- Assist in the promotion of quality, training and education initiatives.
- Lead and participate in developments and negotiations with key customers and suppliers for trust specific and multi trust value for money opportunities.
- Management of staff resources, delegation of responsibility and authority for staff within Procurement location
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of programmes to meet efficiency savings targets within PaLS.
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst the staff reporting to him/her.
- Review the organisation plan and establishment level of the service for which he/she is responsible to ensure that each is consistent with achieving objectives, and recommend change where appropriate.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making, while retaining overall responsibility and accountability for results.
- Candidates must hold a University Degree (management or business) or relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT and at least two years’ relevant experience in Procurement and Contracting. OR In the absence of a University Degree (management or business) or relevant Professional Qualification Candidates must have five years’ relevant* experience in Procurement and Contracting, two of which must include the management or supervision of staff.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Candidates must have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC organisations.
- Candidates must be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain.
- Candidates must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the Organisation and to supervise staff.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated.
For a full detailed job description as well as details on salary please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.