Head of Supply Chain and Logistics
Our client is a renowned specialist manufacturer that has had significant growth within the last few years. They are considered an innovative company with a large turnover and a positive future.
They require an experience Supply Chain Manager to be based at their County Down site to work on a full time permanent basis. This role will see the successful individual lead and develop the logistics departments and oversee the seamless and timely and compliant transportation or all outgoing materials.
It will also involve overseeing the costs and quality and suitability of materials as well as effectively managing the teams within the logistics departments.
The duties of this role will be:
- Effectively manage and provide guidance to the Logistics Manager, Purchasing Manager, Stores Manager and Marine Stores Manager
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance to include adopting and amending Company processes and documentation to assist with compliance
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure full commercial awareness of the Company and your Department’s input, and put in place measures to benefit interdepartmental communication and cost effectiveness
- Provide input into and have full awareness of the Business’s strategic objectives in particular in relation to your Department and monitor, coordinate, and communicate the progress of the strategic objectives
- Co-operate fully with external and internal audit teams
- Carry out individual staff performance reviews and address and identify training and development needs to be met in order to manage and improve standards within the Departments
- Set KPIs for team members and deliver on your pre-defined KPI’s on a timely basis
- Management of Departmental budgets
- On a timely basis and as directed report to the Contracts Director
Essentia Criteria required:
- Business related higher level qualification or at least 10 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Management experience of a team dealing with Worldwide Import and Export shipments within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of and experience dealing with Commodity Codes, Inland Revenue, VAT Deferment, End User Relief and EU Consolidation
- Experience managing stock to include monitoring stock levels and all stock classification
- Experience of Supply Chain management
- Experience of managing a multi- million pound budget
- Proven people management experience i.e. managing a team through effective use of performance reviews, coaching, training and disciplinary procedures as required
- Experience of contributing to the setting of a Company’s strategy and implementing measures to financially benefit the company
- Previous capacity planning experience
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Analytically and mathematically minded to analyze data and create necessary reports
- Computer literate
- Influencing/ Negotiating skills
If you would like more information on this role please submit your up to date CV and one of the team will be in contact.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.