Technical Data Specialist
£31,000 Annual Salary
6 months (Initially)
Our client is a public services provider who prides itself on delivering effective and efficient results. The opportunity has arisen for a technical data specialist to join their dynamic team in Ballymoney. This role will involve you providing specialist data extraction, analysis and presentations using programming tools such as structured query languages and visualisation software. You will develop and maintain effective communication networks with all stakeholders and undertake tasks assigned to you by the Information Systems Project Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation and develop skills and career prospects. Albeit a temporary post for 6 months there may be the opportunity to have this contract extended.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Provide the routine maintenance and support for the local data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions to ensure continuity of service for users.
- Take the lead in allocated areas of development to either enhance existing Business Intelligence applications and dashboards or to develop new; employing best practice processes for development.
- Provide system and user documentation for any solutions implemented; design and deliver training and provide support to users when required.
- Manage project work ensuring that outputs are delivered on time, to standard and within budget.
- Gain an understanding of the underlying database systems particularly the modern systems with complex datasets. Work with System Managers and Service Managers to understand the linkages between database structures and the identified Business Intelligence requirements (including those required for monitoring data quality).
- Provide ways of extracting data from systems that are automated and suitable for further analysis by users. Promote efficient and effective processes for leveraging information.
- Analyse and test the extracted data to ensure that the information provided is accurate and meets requirements.
- Exploit the potential of current Business Intelligence technologies in use within the organisation.
- Employ the principles of good information governance ensuring data security is maintained.
- Provide specialist advice on data and/or reporting to users and information teams, including the extraction and manipulation of historical data from systems that are being replaced.
- Assist with the specification and development of interfaces between systems, particularly in relation to database structures.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, including with system suppliers and regional groups on technical data related issues.
- Research new technology in the area of database analysis, query and visualisation tools.
Your skills and experience:
- A University Degree / HND or postgraduate qualification or recognised equivalent qualification in an ICT Discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
3 years’ experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures, including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
- Hold a current full driving licence.
- Knowledge of; PRINCE2 project management skills, practical uses of software packages, operating systems and communication technologies.
and development methodologies such as Agile.
For more information on this role please send your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.