IT Support Officer
Temporary for 9 months
£10.20 per hour
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Officer for our client based in Craigavon. This role will give the individual the chance to experience working within a large public sector organisation on a long temporary basis with the opportunity of potentially becoming permanent member of staff. The role will be Monday to Frday 9am to 5pm and will have an hourly rate of £10.20 per hour.
The duties of the role;
- Support the IT Service Desk and act a single point of contact between staff and IT providing a professional focus for staff.
- Log and assign all calls in relation to Incidents, Service Requests and Requests for Information utilising IT Service Desk software. Ensure all calls are managed in line with agreed processes and SLA's
- Assist with the support of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft Office 2010, Information Systems and other widely used software throughout the Trust.
- Ensuring IT Service Desk Team Leaders are notified of events which impact service delivery
- Investigarting and resolvong reported system faults or contacting 3rd party contractors to resolve the issue..
- Provide 1st line remote technical assistance and advice on all aspects of the Trust’s hardware, software and network infrastructure ensuring Best Practice standards are adhered to
- Make best use of own resources and skills to reduce impact from incidents and promote the use of information and new technologies to reform and modernise.
- Ensure Trust and departmental IT policies and procedures are followed and are in keeping with good practice and assisting in the implementation of new procedures.
- Engage in personal and professional development to ensure an expert level of knowledge of Service Desk and Desktop Support Services remains up-to-date and appropriate to the needs of the post
- Be aware of all current legislation and undertake duties in accordance with this legislation.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade as may be assigned by the IT Service Desk Team Lead.
The ideal individual will possess;
- HND or above/equivalent in Information Communications Technology, Computer Science or computer related qualification AND 1 years IT Service Desk/Support experience
- 3 years experience in an admin role including at least 2 years IT Service Desk/Support experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of Desktop Support Services and Service Level Agreements
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Win7 and Win10)
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Use of call centre system for logging and tracking of incidents and requests
- Hold a current driving licence with access to a car
To apply for this position please send your CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.