Web Application Developer (Java or Angular 2)
Excellent Salary and Remuneation package on offer
As a Web application developer, you will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for both internal and external customers. You will be working in an agile team, designing and developing software and tests.
The Java / Web application developer will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment • Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives • Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates • Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications • Configuring and maintaining deployment environments • Participating in end to end system QA testing • Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in object-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
• Experience building Java based web applications using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
• Experience developing RESTful APIs
• Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc
• Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• AngularJS / Angular 2+, Node.js
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE for software development.
• Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
• Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
To apply for this excellent opportunity please apply below or contact Jamie Harper at bond Search & Selection.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.