£35,000 + commission + benefits
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer for our distributor client based in Armagh. The successful candidate will join a team of six, working within the Commercial Purchasing and Marketing department.
Dealing with imports from the UK + Ireland, Europe and the Far East, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective sourcing programme in accordance with the Sales and Marketing departments.
Job Duties include:
- Sourcing existing products and suitable alternatives from alternate suppliers where appropriate
- Seek out best value to operate within the company’s working capital requirements
- Sourcing new products in tandem with Marketing / Product Development
- Ongoing price (re-)negotiation factoring in the impact of foreign currency movements and freight
- Provide key information to Finance as regards the income stream from marketing contributions, annual rebates & growth bonus schemes
- Ongoing product cost reduction and minimise supplier cost increases as they arise
- Maintain the system price for all supplier price files in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure supplier price lists are maintained on the shared folder and links directly to the system product price list.
- Manage price requests received from customer services on a daily basis and seek to ensure that you achieve the ‘best price’ in all cases.
- Produce & maintain the full company selling price list.
- Manage supplier performance from information supplied by the Commercial Analyst.
- 5 years + previous experience in a Purchasing/Buyer role
- Experience of negotiating with global suppliers
- Experience of managing set materials/products
- CIPS qualification or working towards is advantageous
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- High degree of analytical skills with strong business acumen
The salary on offer for this role is £35k depending on experience and comes with excellent career progression opportunities. If suitable for this role, please apply here or call Ciara at Bond for more information on 02890339968.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.