Bond search and selection are seeking a Policy Officer for their client based in Belfast. Our client is a large organisation with their head office based in Belfast City Centre. They are seeking an experienced administrator to work on an ongoing temporary role on a full-time basis.
- Manage the freedom of Information Publication Scheme, ensuring that it is kept up- to-date, maintained and continually reviewed in accordance with the Information Commissioner’s model scheme and Freedom of Information principles
- Manage information security incidents, recommending remedial actions and following up to ensure completion.
- Participate or lead in investigations of information security incidents as required.
- Support clients in respect of their Information Governance requirements, to include co- ordinating and participating in the quarterly information governance forum with client organisations.
- Ensure complaints received are processed, logged and responded to effectively.
- Maintain a system to ensure an accurate record of requests, complaints and whistleblowing disclosures, to include details of request, exemptions applicable, and any details of appeal / complaints.
- Identify any obstacles to statutory deadlines as quickly as possible.
- Develop and contribute to the preparation, monitoring and achievement of performance targets.
- Develop proposals and reports as required for presentation to the Senior Management.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the information governance service through identifying areas of weakness and implementing improved ways of working.
- Work with client organisations to identify areas of weakness and implement improved ways of working.
- Setting Direction / Development and Innovation.
- Create, develop, implement, maintain and review policies and procedures to assist staff in understanding their responsibilities in relation to Information Governance and Records Management.
- Collaborative Working / Key Working Relationships.
- Work closely with information governance leads from across the region to agree best practice on all aspects of information governance.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, standards, policies and codes of practice.
- Maintain specialist knowledge, and conduct research, in the field of Information Governance, keeping up to date with any new legislation, technologies, national guidelines, government initiatives, best practice and policies.
- Conduct audits as required to ensure best practice is being adhered to across BSO and client organisations.
- Financial and Resource Management.
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification and
- 2 years’ relevant experience* OR 5 years’ relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of office-based software packages, and in particular the use of Microsoft Office products
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and networks
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR, FOI and EIR)
If you would like more information on this role please seubmit your CV via the link provided and one of the team will be in contact.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.