Temporary (9 months)
£15.51 per hour
We are seeking a facilities coordinator for our client to work on a full time temporary basis at their headquarters in Lisburn. As facilities coordinator you will support the Facilities Manager in the delivery of a ‘fit for purpose’ estate in line with the facilities strategy that ensures compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, and supports the effective and efficient delivery of the Facilities function.
The main duties of the post will be:
- To proactively deliver major and minor works, reactive and planned maintenance programmes in a cost effective, structured and timely fashion.
- To ensure compliance with financial and procurement rules and ensure good governance in the facilities budget and management of contractors.
- To support the Facilities Manager in developing and managing contracts to achieve high quality, cost effective services.
- To support the Facilities Manager in ensuring regulatory compliance, managing risk and value for money; and the production of an annual property asset management plan.
- To ensure safe, secure and suitable working environments in buildings which are compliant with relevant legislation and regulations.
- To ensure the implementation of facilities policies and other related corporate initiatives.
- To undertake Facilities-related project work as directed by the Facilities Manager using the principles of good project management.
- To contribute as required to the preparation of the Facilities strategy and associated plans.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of organisational policies and procedures at a corporate and local level.
The ideal candidate will possess.
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. Energy and Building Services Engineering; Facilities Management; Surveying.
Have at least 2 years’ relevant post qualification experience within a Facilities/Estates management role.
Possess a HNC level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. Energy and Building Services Engineering; Facilities Management; Surveying.
Have at least 5 years’ relevant experience within a Facilities/Estates management role.
Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering effective solutions for an facilities/estates function in 2 of the following 3 areas:
- Building, Surveying and Maintenance
- Minor works and Construction Projects
- Cost monitoring and control
Demonstrable experience of successfully managing estates/facilities contracts.
(a) excellent planning, communication and organisational ability;
(b) ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines;
(c) strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
(d) a strong customer orientation.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of architectural design software
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- Possess a qualification in Health and Safety such as the NEBOSH Certificate.
- Possess a project management qualification e.g. Prince2.
To request a full job description please submit your CV by clicking the link provided and one of the team will be in contact shortly.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.