Temporary 2 months
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
£14.20 per hour
Our client is a large public sector organisation that is seeking a communications officer to work on a full-time temporary basis. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a role to expand their experience within marketing and communications. The role will be full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and will be based within their Belfast Offices.
The post holder will work, as a member of the communications team, in the management, development and delivery of public and professional information resources.
Main duties of the post.
- Responsibility for the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of information campaigns across a range of issues and communications channels including mass media advertising.
- Ensuring campaigns are completed on time, to specification, within budget, to the highest professional standards and in line with financial processes.
- Work as part of a team, or independently, to ensure the development and implementation of appropriate communication plans and activity
- Work proactively and collaboratively with colleagues and external companies, in relation to research to aid the development, delivery, monitoring and review of campaigns and marketing activity
- Review and analyse marketing data to provide insights to help with communications planning and evaluation.
- Present highly complex or sensitive information to large groups of people and be able to establish rapport and deploy persuasive or negotiation skills where agreement or cooperation is required.
- Liaise with third party suppliers as appropriate ensuring they deliver successful outcomes and value for money.
- Responsibility for ensuring websites associated with campaigns are up- to-date and relevant, liaising with colleagues tasked with content generation, development and maintenance.
- Plan and organise activities and events around the launch of public information campaigns, which can be of a high- profile nature and necessitate working with a broad range of individuals and organisations.
- Contribute to the development of work procedures, practices and approaches relating to the campaign advertising function, using specialist knowledge acquired through professional development and experience, to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency is maintained.
- Play a key role in the development of innovative approaches to communication by keeping up-to-date with developments in the industry.
- Operate in a changing and often pressurised environment, with frequent interruptions, responding at short notice to complex facts or situations of possibly a conflicting nature which require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- At least three years’ extensive experience within the past seven years working in a communications’ role.
Knowledge/ Skills / Abilities
- The ability to deliver public information campaigns which include mass media advertising.
- The ability to develop and deliver multi-channelled communications plans, tailoring messages to different target audiences.
- Ability to set KPIs and evaluate the impact of communications activity
- The ability to critically analyse information and interpret research.
- The ability to manage budgets.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and perform to a high standard with the minimum of supervision, even when under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise and progress a busy workload.
- The ability to communicate creatively, clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, on relevant topics to a range of audiences
- Good negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy and the ability to develop good working relationships with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
- Ability to write a campaign/creative brief.
- Skilled in generating content to a high standard for print and electronic publication.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of and ability to use digital marketing techniques.
Educated to degree level in a marketing or communications-related discipline.
If you would like more information on this role please submit your CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.