Temporary 6 months
We are seeking a solicitor for our public sector client in Belfast. This temporary post for 6 months will require you to assist in the provision of legal services to a range of clients within the health and social care sector. You will provide timely specialist legal advice, assistance and representation for clients in commercial conveyancing and commercial law; including contracting and/or procurement of goods and services.
- Provide advice and representation to HSC Clients in property related matters to include the sale and purchase of lands, options, leases, licences, wayleaves, boundary issues, representation at the Lands Tribunal and other land related issues ensuring value for money for the public purse and to facilitate the timely and effective delivery of a wide range of services throughout the region within the HSC Sector
- Provide advice on capital projects as well as the planning of Business Cases for developments within the Health and Social Care Sector.
- Work closely with the legal advisers for other Government Departments as well and Land and Property Services, Commercial Agents and other solicitors to draft and negotiate documentation to facilitate and finalise the many and varied property projects required for the HSC Sector
- Draft appropriate contracts and related documents in line with the instructions of clients taking account of the client’s requirements and seeking to minimise risk. Review draft contracts and related documents and provide advice to clients whether oral or in writing including in relation to legal and other risks arising for the client, for patients and service users and to the public purse. Advise in relation to appropriate amendments to draft contracts and related documents and negotiate contractual terms where required.
- Draft and provide legal advice on appropriate lawful procedures and methodologies for the procurement of goods and services, including for software and other IT related goods and services. This includes the drafting and review of relevant suites of procurement and related documents and providing legal advice and support to clients throughout the procurement process, as required.
- Provide legal advice in relation to all legal issues relevant to the procurement and contracting for goods and services by the HSC sector, including matters such as the sharing of personal data and processing of personal data by contractors, requests for information under the Freedom of Information legislation and relevant regulatory issues.
- Provide legal advice in relation to the proactive management of contracts in line with relevant Department of Health and other applicable public sector guidance in Northern Ireland. Provide legal advice in relation to all matters connected with the delivery of goods and services pursuant to contracts, including any contractual or other remedies open to clients.
- Investigate and assess clients’ legal liability in respect of contractual and/or procurement disputes and claims, to include reviewing relevant contractual and procurement documents, instructing appropriate experts and counsel and use of professional judgment by the job holder. Provide accurate and timely estimates to clients of potential legal liability and make recommendations to clients regarding practical and cost effective solutions which they may choose to follow, often in very high value (multi-million pound), complex claims involving issues of considerable sensitivity and public interest.
- Drafting pleadings and other court documentation as required, researching the law, and either appearing personally to present evidence and legal arguments to the Court, or instructing Counsel to do so, all to ensure that the interests of clients and public funds are adequately protected.
- To provide training for HSC clients as required on relevant legal issues, provide written updates to clients on relevant legal developments as required and advise in relation to development of policy and practice relevant to commercial/property matters
- Demonstrate at least 5 years post qualification experience, within the last 7 years.
- Demonstrate experience in providing Legal advice and/or representation in the areas of commercial conveyancing, and commercial law (including contracts) and/or procurement law.
- Be a Solicitor eligible to practise in Northern Ireland at the time of application.
- Shortlisting by Application Form/ Interview
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.