Compliance Officer - Dublin
Our client is a very successful firm of Insurance Brokers based in central Dublin. With an enviable portfolio of clients which ranges from SME’s to some of Ireland’s largest companies, they are passionate about delivering a first-class range of solutions to their clients. They are committed to the highest standards of excellence and recognise their staff as their most valuable asset.
As part of their regulatory obligations to the Central Bank of Ireland, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance Officer.
- To ensure the business meets regulatory and legal requirements and effectively manages regulatory risk to within risk appetite.
- To guide and assist Dublin office and the UK branch in delivering fair outcomes for customers.
- In doing so, ensure that the correct balance is struck between the commercial interests of the business; the statutory objectives of the regulator; and the interests of our customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for and to resolve quickly and efficiently, general compliance queries.
- Review as required policies and procedures for the business, ensuring that they are in accordance with the overarching policy framework and otherwise meet regulatory standards, enhance risk management and deliver fair outcomes for customers as applicable.
- Review and provide timely feedback on financial promotions compliance against business standards.
- Provide assistance in resolving Line 2 & Line 3 audit action points.
- Perform annual reviews of Appointed Representatives in line with Appointed Representative Controls
- Review annual Business Plans and provide advice on the effective management of resultant regulatory and conduct risk.
- Ongoing maintenance of and reporting on the status of the Business Risk Register.
- Review new and existing Products in line with policies and procedures.
- Adjudicate on, resolve complaints, and agree remedial action in line with policies and procedures, ensuring that customer’s complaints are handled fairly.
- To attend meetings and committees, as required, ensuring that risk and compliance issues are discussed, solutions are agreed on and that the business operates within risk appetite.
- To assist the Head of International Risk & Compliance in identifying, analysing and responding to regulatory change.
- 3-5 years’ experience of Financial Services Regulation and operating in a Regulated environment.
- Necessary attributes and experience to obtain approval from the CBI for PCF-12 function.
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into proportionate policies and processes.
- In-depth understanding of the Irish marketplace and placing practice.
- Some experience and understanding of the London Market and Lloyds would be advantageous.
- Appropriate qualifications to perform the role – preferably an insurance qualification CIP or higher
- Able to deliver complex tasks (including projects) and agreed outcomes to time and within resource constraints
- Able to work within a team, on own initiative and for the team and as required to lead the activities of others
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Able to undertake research and investigations and agree resolutions between parties with conflicting interests.
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret information and present same back to facilitate decision- making.
- Conscientious and self-motivated, with a good eye for detail.
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers
- Willingness to adhere to the Companies philosophies.
The successful candidate will receive a market leading remuneration and benefits package which will include generous salary, car allowance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension contribution, life cover and a comprehensive list of flexible benefits.
To be considered please forward a CV via the online application process or contact Bernard Rooney in strictest confidence on 02890 339968.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.