Temporary for 6 months
Bond Search and Selection are pleased to be recruiting once again for their valued client in Belfast. Our client provide a special service for their customers and have proven to delivery excellent and outstanding service time and time again. Due to their ever expanding business they reqire a payroll administrator to work on a full time temporary basis for initially 6 months. This role will involve working closely with your team as well as developing relationships with new and existing customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a well renowned organisation and develop their experience. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Main duties of this post are;
- To assist with the administration of government schemes relating to Covid-19.
- To ensure compliance with The Pension Regulator in completion of declaration duties and pension re-enrolment.
- To assist with queries associated with HMRC, pensions and other payroll issues
- To work as part of the payroll team undertaking administrative, advisory and payroll duties to ensure that processes and systems are completed to a high standard
- To ensure that all payrolls are processed within the required timeframe and to liaise with other teams on matters relating to payroll.
- To ensure that all pension administration, including Auto Enrolment processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
- To keep up to date with regulations relating to employment and pension issues.
- To ensure that service user’s records are accurate and up to date and that all requirements and procedures relating to their payrolls are being followed.
- To reconcile service users’ payrolls ensuring that all new joiners are added to the payroll, leavers removed at the correct time and all payroll instructions are actioned in an accurate and timely manner.
- To ensure that all FPS and EPS returns are made to HMRC and pension providers in an accurate and timely manner.
- To carry out other duties considered mutually reasonable by the post-holder and line manager.
- A recognised payroll, accountancy or proven equivalent qualification or 3 years’ experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- A track record in a finance or payroll post including the use of a computerised payroll system involving all aspects of payroll
- A knowledge of payroll systems, taxation / national insurance rules
- Experience in administration of auto-enrolment will be an advantage
- Experience of operating a payroll within a payroll bureau environment will be an advantage
Personal Attributes and Skills
- IT proficiency in the basic functions of MS Word and experience in using MS Excel at intermediate level and ability to use and adapt quickly to new technology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which are applicable to a range of colleagues and service users
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and a team player
- Able to work flexibly and work necessary hours to meet the demands of the position
- Able to process a high volume of detailed work in a short time frame
- Accuracy and an eye for detail, with a meticulous, systematic approach to problem solving
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
- A positive and good humoured nature
- Commitment to equal opportunities
If you would like more information on this post and also information on working arrangements due to Covid 19 please send your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.