6 months temporary
£35,000 Annual Salary
We are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a company that strives to support and protect the community. They seek an experienced economist who can become an integral part of their finance team based in Lisburn.
As economist your main purpose will be to assist the capital projects manager in the completion of outline business cases for capital projects through the provision of an economics and cost planning service.
Hours of work; Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
Summary of Personal Duties;
- The completion of capital project business cases in line with the Treasury Green Book and NIGEA (Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal) guidance.
- To present expenditure and costing options for individual capital projects and, through appraisal of both monetary and non-monetary benefits, identify preferred solutions.
- To work with Technical Experts within Planning and Corporate Affairs, Finance and Performance Management and other Directorates in the correlation of data critical to capital project business case preparation.
- To liaise with the Capital Accountant in the preparation of budget estimates, cash flows, feasibility studies, comparative cost studies, cost plans, cost checks and whole life cycle costings for capital projects and in monitoring expenditure.
- To maintain a library of cost information for use on projects.
- Responsible for Health and Safety aspects as set out in the organisations Health and Safety Policy.
- The promotion and support of the principles and practices of all aspects of fairness at work in accordance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Such other duties as may be allocated and interchange of duties as required.
- To effectively manage the attendance of staff within the established procedures and to meet any attendance targets set by the Service.
- Relevant recent experience in the last 3 years in the development and preparation of Economic Business Cases/Appraisals (greater than £250,000.00) in line with Treasury NIGEA guidance.
- Candidate will be expected to present evidence of at least 3 Economic Appraisals they have completed in the last 3 years.
- A degree in economics or Finance or other relevant Business Degree qualifications or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Clean current Driving Licence.
For more information on this position please submit your most recent CV by clinking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.