Bond Search and Selection is working with a client seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a 6 month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of N Ireland's largest employers and add the experience of working for one of the country's top Companies to your CV.
As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for providing support to the finance department during the implementation of a new financial reporting system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To support the Finance team with the preparation of weekly and monthly management accounts.
- To review weekly stocks for quantity and price and identify the financial impact of any errors. Provide feedback to the relevant operations staff to improve financial controls.
- To provide weekly and monthly variance reporting information to the Site Accountant for further review and analysis, highlighting any issues identified.
- To work with the Site Accountant and other Assistant Accountant on a day-to-day basis and provide holiday/exam cover as required.
- To provide support to the overhead reporting and control process.
- To constantly review and evaluate routine processes with a view to eliminating all non-value adding tasks.
- To complete any additional ad hoc duties as required.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Advanced IT skills particularly MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of preparing weekly and monthly management accounts.
- Can use own initiative to deliver on key tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills and motivated to deliver a proactive accounting service.
- Comfortable working within both an office and factory environment.
- Trustworthy to work on confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- Well organised, able to work to tight deadlines.
- Team worker.
Applicants with a part qualification in a recognised and accredited financial qualification will be at an advantage.
Please apply using the link or contact Robbie Jess at Bond Search and Selection for more information.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.