Accounts Services Administrator
Temporary for 6 months initially
£10.35 per hour
We are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client for an accounts services administrator. As accounts administator you will be an integral member of the Finance team and will process payments and income in an efficient and timely manner. You will comply with all financial instruction, policies and procedures and provide and professional response for the client. This is a temporary position for 6 months however there may be the opportunity for an extension after this duration is completed.
Duties of the post;
- To process payments and income in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and in compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- You will assist as required in the preparation of internal and statutory returns to ensure compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- To operate within the control framework in place within the departmen and assist with end of month and end of year accounts procedures to support the preparation of the financial and management accounts and other statutory returns.
- To assist the Senior Accounts Services Administrator to implement internal and external audit recommendations and assist as required with the provision of information to internal and external auditors
- To assist with the set up and transmission of BACS payments as required.
- To liaise with other departments across the organisation to follow up outstanding invoices and resolve queries to ensure timely payment. To assist with the preparation of reports to monitor relevant performance indicators in relation to the accounts services team.
- To maintain supplier records including up to date bank details in compliance with policies, procedures and best practice
- To assist as required in the recording and reporting of fraud or potential fraud in line with policy to ensure compliance with the National Fraud Initiative.
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs at ‘A’, ‘B’, or ‘C’ grades or equivalent (including English Language and Mathematics).
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working in an Accounts Office environment to include:processing payments and income; and working with a computerised accounts package.
- Can demonstrate effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member
- Possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
- Can provide excellent customer service
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications
- Hold or be working towards a membership of an Accounting Body i.e. CCAB or AAT/ATI
- Experience of working in the public sector
For a full job description as well as more information on location please send your most recent CV by clicking the link provided
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.