Our client, a global manufacturing company currently has an opportunity for a VAT Specialist to join their Global Business Services Centre in Lurgan. . This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate that is interested in developing a career in tax.
Working alongside the Business Tax Manager the VAT Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales reports on a monthly and quarterly basis. Due to the large volumes of data strong analytical skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior VAT Analyst will include:
- Preparation and submission of accurate VAT returns, intrastat reports and EC Sales Listings for entities within set deadlines across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Ensure that VAT payments/refunds are made/received on a timely basis.
- Management and support of VAT and Intrastat audit support as required.
- Responding to queries from government agencies and entities regarding VAT.
- Management of new VAT registrations and deregistration’s as required.
- Drive initiatives to improve current VAT processes and any other projects that may arise in the Indirect tax area.
- Supporting the annual Senior Accounting Officer review.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by reviewing current compliance processes with a view to improve efficiency while maintaining data integrity.
- Monitor business performance metrics in relation to VAT compliance.
- Acting as a resource for queries from colleagues within the shared service center.
- Advising colleagues in the wider European business on more complex VAT matters. This will involve researching and interpreting legislation and providing support with preparing the relevant advice.
- Monitoring changes in international VAT law/regulation and case law that are relevant, and helping the business to implement any resulting changes needed in business processes and systems.
- Develop knowledge of business and organisational issues affecting legal entity compliance by partnering with business unit leaders
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A-level or equivalent.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience of working with large volumes of financial data.
- UK VAT experience.
- European VAT Experience would be desirable though not essential.
Up to £28,000
Apply via Link or Contact Helen Sheppard at Bond for further information
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.