Our client, a global manufacturing company currently has an opportunity for a Senior VAT Specialist to join their Global Business Services Centre in Lurgan. . This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate that is interested in developing a career in tax.
The Senior VAT Specialist will be responsible for providing VAT technical support to multiple entities across Europe.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior VAT Analyst will include:
- Providing indirect tax technical support for projects.
- Management of VAT and intrastat audits.
- Support management in dealing with queries from government agencies and entities regarding VAT.
- Lead further migration of VAT compliance tasks to GBS from business segments.
- The management of VAT registrations and deregistration’s, as required.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by reviewing current compliance processes with a view to improve efficiency while maintaining data integrity.
- Monitor business performance metrics in relation to VAT compliance.
- Acting as a resource for queries from colleagues within the shared service center.
- Advising colleagues in the wider European business on more complex VAT matters. This will involve researching and interpreting legislation and providing support with preparing the relevant advice.
- Monitoring changes in international VAT law/regulation and case law that are relevant, and helping the business to implement any resulting changes needed in business processes and systems.
- Guide, coach, and develop Business Tax team members to support the growth of the VAT compliance function.
- Develop knowledge of business and organisational issues affecting legal entity compliance by partnering with business unit leaders.
- Maintain continuous dialogue with key corporate office team members across Corporate Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and Legal to ensure VAT compliance and alignment with company direction.
- University degree.
- Part-qualified / qualified tax professional.
- Proven track record of applied business and VAT experience, preferably in a large, publicly traded organisation.
- System background and high comfort level in a variety of analysis and reporting tools.
- UK and European VAT knowledge
£30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience + benefits
Apply via Link or Contact Helen Sheppard at Bond for further information
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.