Our client, a successful and growing company in the Newry area currently have an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team. They are looking for a commercially astute Management Accountant to support the Financial Controller in growing their finance team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller the responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly KPI reporting.
- Identifying opportunities for cost control and margin enhancement.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Development of month end processes
- Preparation of KPI reports on an ad hoc basis
- Assisting with budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Preparation of statutory returns including VAT, Intrastat & EC Sales.
- Developing and maintaining the ERP system to ensure the accurate and smooth delivery of financial information.
- Supporting all departments and the management team with robust and timely information to help make informed financial decisions
- Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and can work on own initiative
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy/excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills and general accountancy acumen
Desirable Skills / Attributes
- Experience with ERP Accounts Packages, ideally in Microsoft Navision
- Previous experience in a similar role
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.