Our client based in Derry is a global and leading supplier of packaging products. They are currently growing their Global Business Services Centre in their state of the art plant and looking for innovative and creative individuals who are ready to make a difference. They have ambitious growth plans and as part of that they are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join them in the position of General Accountant.
The General Accountant position is responsible for a wide variety of transactional activities spanning different areas of the finance and accounting function. The position will assist the Global Business Services leadership in the supervision of junior finance and accounting personnel to ensure a high level of accuracy and efficiency in the finance area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Ensure completeness, appropriate approval, and accuracy of general ledger transactions.
- Responsible for month end Income Statement and Balance sheet Hyperion submissions.
- Develop and provide meaningful financial and operational performance metrics and trend reports as assigned.
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations (including accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations and other general ledger account reconciliations).
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting processes including managing the assets under construction, Fixed Asset Register and depreciation.
- Oversee the preparation of VAT, Intrastat, PAYE, NIC and other returns and payments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Contribute ideas to existing processes across all functional areas in order to strive to attain best in class processes and to gain efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Prepare manual journal entries as assigned.
- Provide training as requested to junior accounting personnel.
- Demonstrate accuracy and excellent time management skills.
- Comply with internal controls, SOX and accounting policies.
- Prepare analysis and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Qualified ACCA / CIMA / CA Accountant with experience gained in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience of working within a Shared Service environment is preferable
- SAP / ERP experience is desirable
Apply with current CV or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.