Our client, a leading Energy provider in Belfast currently have an opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join it's Financial Planning & Reporting team. This is an excellent and challenging opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a highly efficient and successful company.
Reporting directly to the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager, the Financial Analyst will play a key role in the financial planning, modelling and stakeholder management activities of the business.
The principal duties of this post are:
- Development of robust financial models, including complex scenario testing to support business planning and decision support
- Assisting management in interpreting results
- Challenging the development and submission of budgets and forecasts
- Analysing internal and external drivers to develop forecasting and planning assumptions and driver-based models of financial performance
- Input to and challenging business strategy/plans/KPI targets
- Ensuring robust financial controls in relation to modelling and financial analysis
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal customers
- Dealing with credit rating agencies and finance providers
- Establishing and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria which will be necessary to meet the responsibilities of the role
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a minimum of three years post qualification experience;
- Proven experience in developing and reviewing financial models, including scenario analysis for a leading business;
- Demonstrable track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, resolving stakeholder queries in a professional and timely manner;
- Effective communicator - expressing information & ideas to others in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing across all levels in the business and act as the 'go to' person for analysis and financial modelling;
- A high level of proficiency in the use of other Microsoft applications, in particular Excel, Word & Powerpoint;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines;
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable evidence of knowledge and experience of a regulatory environment;
- Corporate finance experience;
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + bonus + market leading benefits
Apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Selection for details.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.