Financial Accountant / Assistant Finance Manager
Our client is an award winning, leading technology company based in Belfast and part of a wider US owned company. They are continuing to grow and dominate their market and they have maintained their position as “best company to work for” in Belfast for 2 years running. They now have an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join them as Assistant Finance Manager. Reporting into the Director of Finance in their Belfast based international HQ, the Assistant Finance Manager will develop and maintain a structure, procedures and processes to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives as the business scales and positions itself as the hub of International operations for the company. You will be a key member of the Belfast Finance team, adding real value to the business by providing expertise, information and reports to inform and contribute to strategic decision making.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accurate Profit and Loss reporting including detailed variance analysis of plan related to actuals
- Management of bank reconciliations, payroll, cross charges and ensuring costs are correctly managed and reported in each period
- Delivery of ad-hoc reporting requests, detailed account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Review and preparation of monthly journal entries as part of monthly and quarterly close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Preparation of UK Stat Accounts for the Statutory Audit and be a key contact for requests between the audit firm and the accounting team, as well as review support for audit.
- Analysis of the bad debt for accounts receivables to increase collectability.
- Contribute to continuous review of policies, processes and procedures as well as local implementation and embedding for continuous improvement or regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to a working environment and culture, which encourages teamwork, positive energy, innovation and fun.
- Chartered Accountant with up to date CPD requirements and the ability to demonstrate a solid accounting background, technical expertise and the tracking and reporting of business performance metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working within UK GAAP as well as previous experience with US GAAP.
- Ability to demonstrate previous statutory audit experience and working with auditors to meet all obligations
- Strong knowledge of VAT implications for the business whilst working in the UK & Ireland
- Strong computerised accounting systems experience and advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- At least 1 year of experience, working in a large multinational company is desirable
- Experience in using SAP.
- Experience of using data warehouse reporting systems to interrogate business activity
- Experience of collaborating across multiple functions and operating within a wider matrixed environment and global context.
Highly competitive plus excellent benefits package
For further information this excellent opportunity please apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.