A successful NI based company wishes to recruit a Finance Supervisor take responsibility for the management of the day to day accounting function and office management for the business. This is a key role and you will work closely with the Company Secretary. The business is based in the Greater Belfast area.
- Oversight and support of existing finance staff (3).
- Accurate and timely preparation of month-end reports for sales, purchases, stocks and cash management from Sage 1000 and ensuring reconciliation.
- Main point of contact for day-to-day IT issues, liaison with company IT and accounting software support providers to bring resolution to issues / queries.
- Liaison with the credit controller for credit checking and opening new accounts. Preparation of debtor reports / information for the credit insurers at renewal and as and when required.
- Preparation of weekly payroll to supply to payroll provider. Completion of forms for submission to payroll provider e.g. leavers, joiners etc.
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with annual stocktakes in Belfast and Dublin.
- Preparation for the annual audit and necessary liaison with the company's auditors. Reporting to and taking direction from the Directors and Company Secretary.
- Office management responsibilities including management of stationery, cleaning & hygiene contracts, postal contracts, overseeing catering for meetings etc.
Qualifications / experience
- Experience of Sage 1000 or Sage Line 500 (very desirable). Finance qualification (preferable but not essential).
- Experience of managing a small team (essential, preferably in a finance function). Good working knowledge of Word & Excel (essential).
- You must be confident in the management of staff, both in monitoring and overseeing workloads and motivating your team to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable workplace.
- You must demonstrate a hands-on approach with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- You must be able to work independently and on your own initiative, but under the direction of the Company Secretary.
- You must be flexible in adapting to varied workloads and be willing to assist in providing cover, including certain out of hour's duties within the finance calendar.
- You must be able to drive and have your own vehicle as regular, short trips to other Belfast offices are required. There will also be occasional trips to Dublin and Cork. (All business mileage will be reimbursed.)
- Salary, dependent upon experience
- Pension scheme
- Health plan
Apply via Link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection for details
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.