Bond Search and Selection is working with a client who is seeking to recruit Finance Officer for their rapidly expanding Belfast office.
You will be working with an organisation who offer essential support services to the disabled and you will provide an effective and efficient bookkeeping function within the busy finance team.
As Finance Officer your core responsibilities will be -
- To undertake day-to-day bookkeeping using Sage Line 50 Accounts package and Microsoft Excel
- To maintain financial information and systems and assist in the preparation of management accounts and budgets
- To ensure that all orders are authorised and assigned to correct budget category and department apportionment
- To ensure that all invoices are processed for payment by due dates
- To manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- To ensure timely counting, budget coding and lodgement of all monies
- To maintain, prepare and submit VAT returns to HMRC
- To ensure that the administration of client’s managed accounts are maintained accurately and in a timely manner
- To assist management in preparing the monthly accounts, annual statutory financial accounts and liaise with auditor
- To ensure that all petty cash procedures and records are maintained
- To ensure timely and accurate entry of all financial information posted onto the system
- To ensure that bank accounts are reconciled and accruals and prepayments are calculated monthly
- To regularly update cash-flow forecast
- To prepare BACS and cheque payments, ensuring that all expenditure has been properly incurred, that adequate documentation is in place, and that payments are sent out in a timely manner
- To assist management with aged debtors and credit control monitoring
- To reconcile client records on a regular basis ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- To assist management with the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
Successful applicants will be in possession of -
- Foundation level finance/accountancy qualification or 5 years’ experience in a financial role if do not possess relevant qualification
- Experience in submitting VAT returns
- Experience in a computerised accounting environment
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office packages especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of using Sage accounting software
35 hours per week
20 days paid holidays plus stats
Occupational sick pay scheme
Free Onsite parking
To apply for this role please muse the link or contact Robbie Jess at Bond for more info.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.