Our client is a well established and very successful medium sized food production company based in South County Down. They now have an opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager to manage the commercial and accounting aspects of the business and contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall business objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Supervise all parts of the accounting and administration functions.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Develop and maintain a product costing system which accurately reflects profitability by product.
- Build effective relationships with key cross functional personnel to make improvements in processes, cost control and management systems to deliver overall operating efficiencies and KPI improvements.
- Analyse and explain Gross margin variances to Budget /
- Assume responsibility for Monthly / Annual stock checks alongside Operations team Monitor gross margin to ensure the effective management of the cost of sales and labour costs.
- Prepare all price quotations aligned to margin expectations for review and approval by the Managing Director.
- Manage and maintain a computerised system to record raw materials and packaging costs, ensuring all new products and suppliers are updated on the system in a timely manner.
- Support the annual budget and forecasting programme.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Managing Director.
- Qualified accountant with an approved professional accountancy designation (e.g. CIMA, ICA, CA, etc.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in cost accounting/product costing within a manufacturing environment.
- Management level experience in a commercial or financial capacity
- Experience with ERP business management software
- Experience with financial management and reporting systems
- Experience in the analysis of profit margins
- Experience of delivering and driving change for financial / business processes.
- Experience within FMCG ,and a keen interest in food related product development
- Proficient in the use of Sage accounting software
An attractive salary will commensurate with experience
Contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968 for details or apply via Link
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.