Bond Search & Selection is delighted to be working with an award winning American owned global software development company. They are now developing a senior finance team in their Belfast City Centre offices and require a Commercial Accountant to manage accounting operations and reporting activities. The successful candidate will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and stimulating work environment that will provide a progressive and gratifying career within a growth company that is charting new territory.
This is a high impact position and reporting into the Financial Controller. You will have the ability to analyse financial information and prepare monthly revenue reports. You will be accountable for reporting and ensuring the accuracy of data in NetSuite and other business/finance systems and will lead staff members in various aspects of the revenue process.
Duties will include:
- Monthly close analysis, to include journal entries, and account reconciliations for areas including accounts receivable, unbilled revenue, deferred revenue, deferred costs, marketing incentives, lease incentives and purchase accounting.
- Reconcile large diverse revenue streams including accounting for contract terms.
- Ad hoc analysis, technical accounting research and projects as needed.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting process.
- Revenue completeness assurance and customer metric reporting.
- Prepare relevant financial reports for the Monthly Lender Reporting Package
- Establish and distribute consistent accounts receivable and revenue reports including customer metrics
- Assist with the annual reporting process.
- Assist and support management in responding effectively to external auditors including coordinating requests, audit findings, ensuring inquires and responses are accurate and comprehensive, and facilitate annual financial report compliance requirements.
- Prepare footnote disclosures to support annual financial statements.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives to streamline financial processes.
- Troubleshoot issues with data quality and improve data integrity.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary.
- Third level qualification in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis.
- 3+ years post qualified experience.
- 6+ years progressive experience in Accounting and Finance roles.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly, quarterly and annual close.
- Systems savvy with reporting experience.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and organized with exceptional time-management skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges.
- Previous SaaS experience.
- In depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Previous experience of using NetSuite.
- Proactive and independent – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continual process improvement.
- Effective and polished communicator.
- Strong business acumen, able to operate with a high level of integrity.
Compensation & Benefits
- An outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environmen
For more information on this unique and exciting opportunity please apply via link or call Helen Sheppard on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.