Our client is a highly successful construction company based in Omagh. They have been involved in a number of high profile, iconic projects and would be leaders in what they do across Northern Ireland. As a result of this continued success and growth, they are now looking for an Accounting Technician/ Assistant Accountant to join their time. Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful candidate will carry out a range of practical accounting tasks within the accounts preparation, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the preparation of quarterly management accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly stock results.
- Supporting the production of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, whilst ensuring that regular reports are produced and circulated in accordance with agreed reporting timetables.
- All statutory statistical returns.
- Provide assistance and back up to the accounts payable function, with a particular focus on monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Provide cover for the payroll officer in times of absence.
- Raising sales invoices and chasing overdue debtors.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information.
- General office duties deemed necessary by senior management.
Education & Experience Required:
- One of the following
- The final examinations of AAT or IATI; or
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (where accounting is the major component) or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working as an Accounting Technician.
- IT proficient to include experience of using accounting software, preferably Sage.
- Experience of working within the construction industry or with construction clients is preferable but not essential.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968 for details
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.