Our manufacturing client, a global leader in their field has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Qualified Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will be based in their General Accounting Shared Service Centre in Belfast. This is an opportunity to play a key role within their new and expanding Shared Service Centre.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation, analysis and review of month end activities including general ledger, inventory, sales margin analysis, intercompany reconciliation, etc.
- Assist Manager in Trial Balance Reviews at month end
- Perform & Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Participate in month end closing meetings
- Participate in and prepare for meetings with our customers and other Shared Services teams
- Perform all activities to a high standard and in compliance with Internal and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Promote a customer relationship oriented culture within the SSC
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities
- Provide a first-class service to our customers, in alignment with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Support GA SSC with other ad-hoc activities
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Finance or Accounting)
- Relevant experience working in a Finance/Accounting Environment
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in English (written & oral)
- Experience of working in a Shared Services Environment
- Understanding and practical experience of purpose and application of internal accounting controls
- Working towards a qualification with one of the recognised UK/Ireland Accounting Bodies (i.e. CIMA, ACCA, ICAI or ICAEW)
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Practical experience of Accounting in a Manufacturing Company
Apply via Link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.