Health and Safety Officer
We are once again working in partnership with our highly regarded client to assist with the recruitment of an experienced health and safety officer for their large facility in Dungannon. Our client is a market leader in the foods industry who have achieved recognition for their high quality produce and ability to delivery an excellent service. they require a health and safety officer to support the health and safety manager and provide advice and guidance on an range of procedures. This will ultimately invole using your skills and knowledge to the best of you ability to ensure that legislation is met and investigative reports are carried through. You will be an experienced health and safety officer who has a similar background, ideally coming from foods produce.
Main duties of the post:
- Responsible for providing Support to the H&S Manager and for providing advice and guidance on a range of H&S issues taking action where necessary
- Assist in the production, development and monitoring of H&S policies and procedures across a multi site organization
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and standards
- Carry out Health and Safety audits, inspections and investigations and reporting findings to the Health and Safety Manager and Site / Departmental Managers
- Carry out risk assessments and report the findings to relevant parties
- Organise and deliver meetings and training as required
- Deliver inductions and preliminary training for new staff / external contractors.
- Working with staff to develop, support, encourage and embed a positive culture towards excellence in all H&S matters
- Prepare and provide reports as required, and update the H&S Management system
Criteria and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level in any discipline
- Minimum requirement of a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience in an Operational Health and Safety role
- Experience working in the food manufacturing industry is desirable
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels in the business
- Full driving license and access to a car as you will be required to travel to other sites
- Positive and proactive professional approach to safety
- Self starter with the ability to work on own initiative and complete tasks without the need for reminders
- Ability to remain confidential at all times
- Excellent team working skills
- Willing to be flexible and travel at short notice
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
For more information on this position please send across your most recent CV by clicking the apply button.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.