Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
£25,000 - £32,000 per annum (DOE)
The successful candidate will be dedicated to actively contributing to ensure the company’s continued success, whilst maintaining our company reputation as a leading manufacturer of high quality products.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, hands on and looking for an engineering role that offers variety of work by supporting products through their entire lifecycle from design though manufacture, field support and obsolescence.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for new product development and introduction, establishing suitable lean manufacturing techniques.
- Implementing best practise standard work procedures on shop floor to improve safety, quality and maximise efficiency
- Monitor and analyse current systems of production and proactively propose improvements in line with our continuous improvement systems.
- Carry out root cause analysis on quality defects using 5Y/8D methods as a means to permanently resolve manufacturing issues.
- Assist in the management of quality control and non-conformances processes
- Implementation and manage process controls for assigned manufacturing cells within the shop floor.
- Driving cost reduction through design standardisation of existing portfolio and new products
- Preparation of drawings, BOM’s and routing design packs using both AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks packages.
- Preparing quotations for customer enquires including quotations for new products
- Degree educated with a minimum of 2 years in a mechanical design or manufacturing engineering
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Initiative and drive to deliver performance
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Proven track record of ability to meet strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in line with company requirements
- Proven experience of systematic approach to root cause analysis of quality & time losses
- Experience in a CNC machining environment
- Experience of welding process qualification and control
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- Lean manufacturing qualification
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Jamie @ Bond Search & selection to find out more.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.