Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
£22,000 - £28,000 per annum DOE
The successfully appointed Mechanical Design Engineers will join a highly skilled and dedicated team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering cost-effective detailed mechanical design solutions for new products and enhancements to existing products to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget.
The candidates must have broad knowledge of mechanical engineering and be able to identify the best technical and pragmatic solution to complex design problems including dynamic mechanisms and electro-mechanical systems.
• Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs, while complying with industry standards and regulations.
• Creating and maintaining bills of materials and working with Purchasing to identify appropriate suppliers.
• Ensuring that products will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
• Identifying and implementing design modifications following prototype test results.
• Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Employing product design principles to ensure designs considers the needs of all users
• Ensuring mechanical design compliance to customer and quality requirements.
• Take part in design reviews, creating specifications and test plans.
• A minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a design environment using Solid Edge or similar CAD packages
• A deep understanding of key engineering principles of material selection, mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, assembly techniques and manufacturing processes.
• Experience designing mechanical mechanisms, systems and structures.
• Experience in Design for Assembly and Design for manufacturing approaches.
• Have a good appreciation of related engineering disciplines like electronics and control systems.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience working with PDM, PLM and documentation control systems.
• Working experience with Finite Element Analysis and carrying out stress and thermal calculations on static and dynamic structures.
To apply for this excellent Mechanical Design opportunity please click below or contact Jamie Harper @ Bond Search & Selection for further information.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.