Field Service Engineer
Upto €40,000 per annum + OT
Expenses, mileage, Vehicle and tools will be provided
Reporting to the Service Manager, the role is to support the company’s customers through field machine tool installation and servicing work.
Travel to customer sites throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland will be involved. Where possible and depending on customer requirements, your work will be scheduled to reduce travel requirements and keep you within your primary service area. However, often, long hours associated with work and travel may be required.
Ideally the candidate will be based in the Midlands of Ireland, Border areas or perhaps Dublin but applications from exceptional candidates based elsewhere will be considered.
Very competitive base salary to include overtime, pension, reduced healthcare and sick-leave policy. Company vehicle, laptop and mobile will be provided together with full set of service tools as required.
Installing, servicing, maintaining and repairing all machine tool equipment sold or serviced by the Company. While work may involve the full range of machines sold by the company, the main focus of this role is in the servicing and support of Trumpf flatbed laser equipment.
- To acquire a complete working knowledge of all equipment sold by the company.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other staff members to ensure the smooth and professional operation of the Service Division.
- To assist in training and safety procedures with customers.
- To offer technical advice and assistance to customers.
- To ensure that administrative work is completed and submitted on a weekly basis, i.e. job reports, part returns notes, overtime sheets and expenses.
- To assist the Service Manager in all other duties requested by the Company.
- To liaise with agents and principals as required in provide technical support to customers.
- Attend factory training at the company’s principals abroad, as part of your training and continual development.
- To observe the company’s safety procedures and keep safety as a priority in all work activities, including driving company vehicles during the course of your work.
- To observe customer safety instructions while at customer premises.
- To observe customers’ non-disclosure requirements where they exist.
- Prior experience in Field Service and/or Machine Tool service.
- Electrical/Electronics qualification
- Fitting and strong mechanical aptitude/experience
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC controls.
- Ability to work under pressure during customer machine breakdown situations
- Ability to manage and undertake machine tool installations
- Full clean drivers license
- Ability to work with customers, other service engineers and our suppliers to resolve customer breakdowns.
- Strong communication skills: be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers via telephone or person or in writing. Must have a professional demeanor in all communications.
- Available to travel abroad for training and infrequent servicing work.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
This fantastic opportunity will provide the successful applicant with excellent training and future career progression plans.
To apply please click below or contact Jamie Harper @ Bond Search & Selection for more details.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.