Electrical Controls Engineer
Excellent Remuneration Package (DOE).
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your main duties will involve fault finding, installation, mechanical updates, PLC’s inverter drivers, trouble shooting and technical support initiatives.
You will work as part of a team but also be responsible for the Supervision of staff.
- In conjunction with Maintenance team carry out weekly, monthly, 6 monthly checks on all plant and equipment.
- To assist in continuous improvement initiatives to improve overall plant efficiencies
- Test, inspect, maintain, and repair wiring systems, generator systems, motor control centres, energy management systems, communications equipment, fire alarm systems, signal timers, lights, and equipment according to work orders and wiring diagrams.
- Test, inspect, maintain, and complete electrical repairs on specialized equipment such as hydraulic systems, research instrumentation, and be familiar with PLC’s.
- Project planning, management development and implementation & control
- PLC programming and trouble shooting
- Devise and oversee preventative maintenance schedules
- Carry out visual inspections of electrical equipment assess, fault diagnose and repair.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Apprentice trained Electrician to a minimum of NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- It would be desirable to hold a 3rd level qualification in an Electrical discipline or similar qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous Supervisory and IT Systems experience is essential to include knowledge of preventative maintenance software.
To apply for this excellent Electrical Controls Engineering vacancy please click apply below, or contact Jamie @ Bond Search & Selection for more information.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.