Temporary 12 months
As quanitity Surveyor you will be responsible for providing a seemless quantity surveying service for the organisation. You will assist the contracts manager with the managing of the estates measured term and the term service building maintainance. Additionally, you will be responsible for the tendering of service and maintenance contracts including the preparation of tender documentation. This role is a temporary postion for 12 months however extension may be granted after this duration ends.
Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30
Main duties of the post
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the Contracts.
- Responsibility for interface between Estates Officer/ Designer and Contractor.
- Ensuring contract procedures are followed including Sub-contractors.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Contractors, Estates Officers, Design Team, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage commercial aspects of contract.
- Provide project costing.
- To consult, negotiate and communicate with staff side as appropriate across the range of work responsibilities
- To work in partnership with staff side colleagues to identify safe and flexible approaches to the delivery of estates services.
- Contribute to the development of software systems particular to the management of estates procurement contracts.
- A relevant Quantity Surveying RICS accredited degree and 3 years post graduate experience
A BEng(Hons) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3 years post graduate experience in building maintenance NEC4 TSC Contracts or GC Works 7 Measured Term Service Contracts
Associate Member of the RICS (AssocRICS) with 4 years’ experience working within a Mechanical or Electrical Quantity Surveying role within an Electrical or Mechanical TSC Contractor
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Hold a current full driving licence and have access to a car.
- Excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of PSA Schedule of Rates.
For more information on this position and also on working arrnagements due to Covid-19 please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.