£14.28 per hour
Our client requires an experienced contracts manager to work in their large facility in Belfast. The post holder will provide expertise, advice and support in relation to effective contract negotiations and the management of high value contracts and utilities’ procurement to the Service Support Directorate.
This is a full time temporary postion with a duration of 6 months.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Main duties/ summary of role
- To provide expertise, advice and support in relation to effective contract negotiations and the management of high value contracts and utilities’ procurement to the Service Support Directorate.
- Negotiate and manage a range of high value contracts (£1m+) to include but not limited to;
- Electricity and Gas utilities
- Fuel management – Bulk, Forecourt & AdBlue
- BOC resupply of gases
- Rates & Rent
- NI Water
- Heating oil
- Mobile Phones.
- Co-ordinate centralised mechanisms for the collection, maintenance and dissemination of consumption data for relevant contracts.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Communicate contract-related information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Monitor and advise on the introduction of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the organisation.
- Analyse all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and the organisations policies and procedures
- Provide contractual and legal advice in relation to contract-issue resolution.
- Assist with the design and implementation of new robust governance processes and procedures for managing the service contracts.
- Assist to design, implement and maintain robust governance processes for approval of payments in conjunction with the Finance directorate for the provision of utilities including the ability to identify overspend, underspend, usage and confirming accuracy of bills.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in the processes relating to contract specifications, bids, proposals and contractor negotiations.
- Carry out necessary consultation and research prior to developing contract specifications.
- Provide advice and support managers in respect of contract specifications, bids, proposals and contractor negotiations.
- Provide advice and support managers with contract procurement and management and ensure co-ordination and consistency of advice between departments and services through regular discussions and exchange of ideas and good practice.
- Develop and maintain management information systems for The organisations contract management and utilities’ contracts.
- Monitor and complete contract closure, extension or renewal as appropriate
- Prepare business cases and tenders in accordance with financial and procurement regulations, policies, procedures and corporate timescales.
- Ensure effective working relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of business objectives through contract implementation.
- Audit existing contracts, oversee discussions and agreement of contract modifications.
- Undertake regular benchmarking analysis, monitor performance of contracts to ensure contracts deliver ‘Value for Money’ for the organisation
- Prepare reports on the status of contracts and consumption for Senior Management.
- Provide energy consumption data in an agreed format to the Facilities and Assets Department as required.
- Possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. business management, business studies, finance
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering effective contract management within a large and multifunctional environment in two of the following areas. Contract negotiations & specifications, Supplier relationship management, Contract management procedure design & implementation, Using IT solutions to deliver effective contract management.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Delivery of high quality work with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise and influence management.
- Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
- A strong customer orientation
Possess a full and current UK driving licence, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the requirements of the post.
For more information on this position please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.