Junior Quantity Surveyor
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Bond Search & Selection are working with our well know client who are a market leader in the interior fit-out sector for Ireland and UK, who are keen to find a Junior QS to join their expanding team.
As Junior Quantity Surveyor, you will prepare estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress. You will carry out and agree valuations, keeping track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and creating reports to show spend against original budgets.
The key responsibilities of a Junior Quantity Surveyor include:
- Complete measurements, costings, valuations and forecasts
- Assisting in preparing tender documents including bills of quantities
- Attending meetings and dealing with contractual and legal issues
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Prepare Tender Reports, participate in Contractor interviews and advise on Contractor selection
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use and advise on use of appropriate contracts for particular works
- Fully understand the implications of CDM and Health & Safety Regulations
The key skills and qualities of a Junior Quantity Surveyor:
- Previously worked for a main contractor and completed a build project
- Knowledge and awareness of the different building contracts in current use currently
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Strong numerical and financial management skills with a practical mind set
- Comfortable writing clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters
If you want to apply for this exciting opportunity then click the apply button below, or contact Jamie @ Bond Search & Selection
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.