Bond Search and Selection are currently recruiting for a Design Manager for our client based in Co. Tyrone.
Our client is a construction company based in County Tyrone who specialise in fast track, bespoke, design and build projects. Operating across sectors which include Education, Residential and Commercial the company has gone through a period of exceptional growth in recent years resulting in an enviable reputation in the U.K. and Irish markets. As an employer they have a strong staff rention rate and are proudly an investor in people accredited company. Due to their continued expansion they have an opportunity for a Design Manager to join their team in Co. Tyrone.
The successful candidate will recieve a competitive salary and package, including pension scheme, life assurance scheme, generous holiday allowance etc. and the opportunity to progress their career further.
Design Manager Role;
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for directing and coordinating the in-house design team and act as the primary contact for projects- liaising with the construction teams and external consultants. This role is predominately office based and the Design manager will be responsible for managing the entire design process of projects from concept through to completion.
Design Manager Duties;
- Direct and manage in-house design team and external teams
- Liaise with clients, construction teams and sub-contractors to ensure projects on time, within specification and budget.
- Chair design meetings and keep up to date records
- Use technical background to advise on suitability during concept stages including pre-tender.
- Assist and identify contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities for value engineering.
- Be prepared to attend site visits when and if required
- Keeping up to date on applicable UK and Irish legislation
Design Manager Criteria;
- Ideally you will have experience in a similar role including e.g. Design Manager or experienced Architect or Architectural Technologist who has managed a Design team
- Ideally have a third level qualification in Architecture, Architectural Technology or Construction related discipline
- Highly proficient in drawing software including AutoCAD and experience/ Knowledge of BIM software (Highly desirable)
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
Location: Co. Tyrone
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE and a number of benefits
If this sounds like you and also something you wish to hear more about please click on the link to submit your CV.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.