£20,000 - £25,000
If you are a junior buyer interested in pursuing a career in one of Northern Ireland’s leading engineering companies this role would be very suitable. Due to expansion they are keen to add a buyer to their team, you will report directly into the purchasing manager and gain valuable knowledge and training. This role offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and training as well as a good path for progression within the company.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- You will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers/ potential suppliers in order to find the best prices and services, pricing structures, discounts, availability, deliver times, customer service and all related paperwork
- Purchase goods and materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets using an MRP/ ERP system
- To produce reports as required which may include supplier performance, cost reduction and shortage elimination
- Ensure the customers are receiving the most accurate information in a friendly and professional manner
- Working to build good relationships with current and potential suppliers for the long term
- Liaising with your colleagues in the buyer department on any issues/ concerns that may arise throughout quotations etc.
- 2/3 years’ experience in a similar buying role would be ideal
- The ideal candidate will have excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Experience of office applications is essential while experience with MRP/ ERP systems would be beneficial
If this sounds like something you would be interested in and want to hear more about, please click on the link to submit your CV. If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please email me at Clodagh@bondselection.com or call me on 02890339968.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.