Service Support Business Advisor
6 months Temporary
Our client is seeking a Service Support Business Advisor for their base in Belfast.
This exciting opportunity will give the selected candidate the opportunity to join their establishment for a 6 month temporary contract with the possibility of permanency after this duration is completed.The post holder will provide expert advice and guidance throughout the Service Support Directorate on the development of business cases, including managing their preparation, review and subsequent post project evaluations in line with best practice and department timescales.
- To provide expert advice and guidance throughout the Service Support Centre on the development of business cases, including managing their preparation, review and subsequent post project evaluations in line with best practice and department timescales.
- To liaise with all service support centre managers to assist in ensuring technical detail is in a consistent format to develop the business cases.
- To ensure the application of Business Case Policy & Procedures and HM Treasury’s Green Book for all business cases.
- To provide expert advice and guidance on all post-project evaluations (PPE’s) in line with financial regulations, policies and procedures within relevant timescales, including managing their preparation.
- To provide full costing information and discounted cash flow / net present value calculations and affordability analysis for inclusion in option appraisals.
- To ensure the coordination of all business case activity within Service Support Centre ensuring conformity and uniformity of approach, including the use of templates.
- To establish and maintain a database of all business cases and PPEs submitted by Service Support Centre and a tracking area of the current position with the business case.
- To deliver appropriate training and knowledge transfer to relevant staff within the Service Support Directorate in relation to the preparation of business cases and PPEs.
- To establish and oversee the implementation of processes and templates to ensure that a business case duration aligns to contract duration within the Service Support Directorate.
- To work with the Service Support Business Manager to ensure appropriate budget is aligned to individual business cases and spend is profiled effectively over the period of any contract.
- To assist in the effective and efficient provision of services provided by the Service Support Business Unit.
- Be a qualified accounting technician having completed one of the following professional examinations or hold an equivalent qualification: Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Professional Diploma in Accounting, Association of Chartered Certified Association (ACCA) Certified Accounting Technician qualification (CAT or Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI) Diploma for Accounting Technicians
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a large complex organisation in development of business cases or development of post project evaluations.
- Can demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills and delivery of high quality work with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise and influence management.
- Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines.
- A strong customer orientation.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- Possess a full, current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
For more information please send across your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.