Project Team Leader
Our client operates on the front line of health care providing a range of services for Health and Social Care across Northern Ireland. This support ranges from day-to-day maintenance to the design and implementation of major systems. The organisation is a dynamic one constantly looking for innovative ways of exploiting new and existing technologies to improve the delivery of regional healthcare services across Northern Ireland. Information technology plays a central role in the safe and effective delivery of health and social care.
They require a project team leader for their modern offices in Belfast City Centre to work on a full time basis.
- Analyse user requirements and facilitate the design, implementation, development, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Work with software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions;
- Lead in the testing and review of products and solutions;
- Work with and monitor vendors/suppliers in relation to performance, change requests etc.
- Provide ICT technical expertise, feedback and guidance to service users and Key Stakeholders;
- Provide direction, guidance and feedback to ICT services and project team members, both internal and external to ITS;
- Lead or participate in and undertake appropriate tasks within ICT Programmes of work, reporting on progress as required;
- Lead or participate in the planning and scheduling of the implementation of projects to meet project milestones deadlines
- Assist in the approval, selection and procurement of hardware, software and services, achieving best value for money and compliance with relevant standards.
- Input to change release and change management activities associated with solution upgrades or change with all stakeholders, including ITS Change Advisory Board (CAB);
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Service Transitioning Assurance Process (STAP) documentation;
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems related to ICT solutions;Take responsibility for communicating technical issues/incidents to service users and key stakeholders;
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Service Manager
Development and Innovation
- Research and monitor ICT developments and where appropriate make recommendations for the introduction service improvements. This may include new technologies or systems to support and enhance service delivery
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of Knowledge of ICT technologies and methodologies
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Maximise the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources
- A university degree in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT professional qualification AND 2 years recent relevant experience. OR An HND in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT qualification AND 3 years recent relevant experience OR 5 years recent relevant experience
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team including managing the work of others;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships;
- Proven ability to use own initiative and to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to undertake detailed investigations, analyse complex data, present results in an appropriate manner and make sound recommendations;
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrate attention to detail and prioritise and organise workload within a pressurised environment and to tight project timescales.
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.