Temporary for 6 months initially
Full -Time 37.5 hrs per week
We are seeking audio typists for our client based in Craigavon to work on a full-time basis. As an Audio typist you will be required to provide an efficient and effective clerical service using a range of technology within their allocated work area. The postholder will liaise with a range of people, including patients / clients, members of the public, staff within the Trust to ensure an accurate, smooth running and comprehensive service.
The duties of this role will be;
- Ensure all information held both manually and electronically is recorded accurately, held securely and kept up to date.
- Use Microsoft Office packages as required to fulfill the duties of the post.
- Carry out the full range of outpatient/ward clerk/ reception duties, to include meeting and greeting of patients and all associated computer work.
- Arrange appointments for patients which will include telephoning patients as required, issuing appointment letters and all administrative processes involved in the making and follow up of appointments, including booking of interpreters.
- Store, retrieve and prepare clinical records for patient attendances and admissions and other hospital activities.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all patient records and information.
- File documentation as per departmental protocol, ensuring all files are in good order and fit for purpose.
- Deal professionally with telephone/face to face enquiries from patients and staff within the Trust, those outside the Trust and members of the public, in accordance with customer service standards and Trust Policies and Procedures, and in line with Data Protection.
- General office duties to include filing, photocopying, scanning, and dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintaining/ordering stationary/stock for the department.
- Word processing clinical correspondence.
- Provide admin cover for the directorate team as required
The ideal candidate;
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent / higher qualification OR 1 years’ experience in a clerical / administrative role
- Experience in the use of at least one Microsoft office product or equivalent ie Word, Excel, Outlook, Access or Powerpoint
- OCR / RSA / GCSE Stage 2 Wordprocessing / Typing (Parts 1 and 2) or equivalent qualification OR a minimum of six months word processing experience
- Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
- Ability to work as part of a Team.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
- Effective Communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full
If you would like more information on this role please submit your CV by clicking the link provided
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.