Business Services Admin Officer
£10.20 per hour
We are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, to help recruit a administrative officer for their business services department. The role will be initially for 3 months, however may require extension.
Hours of work; Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
The Business Support Service Officer role assists the Business Support Services Manager in the provision of an administrative support service for PaLS Senior team members, this includes the administrative support of Senior Management meetings, facilities management activity and invoice processing, ultimately contributing to PaLS success in meeting departmental and corporate targets / objectives.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- The officer is responsible for the overall efficient and effective day to day administrative and secretariat operation for the Senior Managers.
- The officer will provide secretariat support such as setting up meetings, preparation & co-ordination of relevant papers and liaison with attendees to ensure appropriate attendance.
- Carry out the role of document controller ensuring PaLS Quality Management System documented
- Update online systems for the management of external records storage services for PaLS, review document records for retention periods and take action regarding record destruction as appropriate.
- Collate and verify PaLS agency worker weekly timesheets are complete and approved prior to forwarding to respective agencies for processing within agreed weekly timeframes.
- Maintain the Finance Process Manager (FPM) workbench of the Senior Management team in terms of checking invoices for accuracy and value and recommending acceptance or rejection.
- To manage the content of the PaLS website page and PaLS SharePoint Portal so as to ensure Customer / Staff information related content published is relevant, current and accurately presented.
- To support the Procurement and Logistics Service Emergency Response Plan, in particular to be a member of the Communications Team, in responding to a major incident in Procurement and Logistics Service.
- Assist in the Facilities Management of the PaLS Head Office building by logging calls for planned maintenance / remedial / project work, (via contractor online Facilities Management system). Deal with contractors on site regarding works activity and follow up on related invoice process checking / query investigations and SOFA’s (Summary of Final Account).
- Participate in on-site Fire, Health & Safety related duties in carrying out and recording checks completed in line with agreed daily / weekly / monthly timeframes as required.
- To manage the ordering of stock or non-stock items using online ordering system (Eprocurement) as required in line with the operational needs of the PaLS Service.
- Manage the issue and reimbursement of the petty cash float for PaLS
- GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification; AND A Levels or equivalent qualification OR higher qualification; AND 18 months’ relevant experience* within the past 5 years OR Degree and 6 months relevant experience within the past 5 years OR A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience*, two of which must be within the past 5 years.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others including through negotiation
- Ability to use PC software programmes e.g. Microsoft Office Word and Excel to manage, analyse and evaluate information
- Ability to deal with the pressure of a challenging and varied workload in a fast changing environment
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking 'APPLY' and one of the team will be in contact.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.