Temporary (3 months initially)
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Bond search and selection is seeking a medical secretary for their client a large public sector organisation to work at their site in Enniskillen. As medical secretary you will liaise with both administration and medical team to ensure the smooth running of the daily structure within the ward. You will assist senior management as well as Medical Professionals and help maintain diaries for patients and consultants. Ideally you will have held a similar position before however all training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The role is for 3 months initially however there is a possibility of extension after this duration has come to an end.
Your main responsibilities:
- Accurate input of patient and medical details/information.
- Access PAS, laboratory and radiology results and take responsibility for passing the information on to the relevant medical staff.
- Ensure pathological, radiological reports and other results are filed accurately.
- Deal with telephone and other enquires from patients, members of staff and GP’s and implement the appropriate course of action in each case.
- Set up clinics and ensure all pertinent information and necessary equipment is available.
- Arrange and organise theatre and day case lists, ensuring maximum use of amenities, equipment, resources and theatre time. (Within office hours)
- Manage and validate waiting lists to maximise the use of operating theatre facilities and equipment.
- Inform patients about instructions regarding medication in advance of medical procedures.
- Instruct Admissions Office, Appointments Department and Library in matters relating to patient care.
- Draft and type correspondence, reports, results letters, clinical letters, discharge letters etc.
- Prioritise incoming mail and take appropriate action where necessary, process outgoing mail to GP’s
- Maintain diaries for both consultants and patient admissions etc.
- Collate accurate statistics on outpatient activity relating to funding assessments, staffing levels, business services etc. Ensure timely submission of statistics to senior management
- Assist with training of new staff
- Any other relevant duties
Ideally you will have:
Private and Executive Secretary’s Certificate/Diploma or AMSPAR/City & Guilds Level 2/3 Medical Secretary Diploma/Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent
OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word processing/Typing (Part 2) or equivalent
OCR Stage II Audio qualification OR 6 months Audio Typing experience OR 80 wpm Shorthand or equivalent
In addition to one of the above applicants must have:
1 year’s administrative / clerical experience
If you would like more information on this role you can apply via the link provided and one of the team will be in contact.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.